As I reflect on today, I can't help but think about how blessed I am to be surrounded by such a supportive, kind, caring, and fun loving bunch of people. I am finishing up our Friday night barrel race in Winona on this gorgeous weekend in November with my friends and family. I could definitely think of much more fun things to be doing than writing this blog but I figured now was as good a time as any to write about my thoughts as I reminisce about how important family and friends are to me.
I think that no matter what hobby you decide to embark in, the people that you surround yourself with depicts on how much you enjoy and continue doing it; regardless of the hobby. Our barrel racing family is best in class for fulfilling this need. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, they are there to boost you up and pick your sucker up out of the dirt and keep you going for your dreams. They truly care about your well being and want to watch you succeed and grow. Our kids are so blessed to grow up in this positive and supportive environment and learn responsibility, make life-long friends, to give back, and respect. They say it takes an army to raise a child and I can't think of a better troop to help raise mine.
I guess my point is that I hope everyone has a hobby that is as fulfilling and fun as I do. I'm not saying that barrel racing is everyone's cup of tea but there are SO many hobbies that provide the same supportive atmosphere. Find yours today!!

No comments:
Post a Comment