Sunday, November 20, 2016

Time for a Break!! :)

With Thanksgiving right around the corner and time off work on Thursday and Friday, it makes me feel like a giddy grade school child that has all of the wonderment of Christmas awaiting. I am making plans for fun activities with the kids for the long weekend and I am so excited! We held out on getting the Christmas tree this weekend so we can spend extra time picking out the perfect tree this coming week. I always feel that the day after Thanksgiving doesn't give us enough time to enjoy the month of Christmas so I try to sneak it up a little every year. I guess I'm just selfish and can't control my excitement for decorating! 

I'm not saying that I am the person impatiently awaiting Christmas decorations to be filling the aisles at Walmart the day after Halloween, but I am always excited for this time of year. As I have said before, I am NOT a fan of winter but I do absolutely love the fun and delight that the next few months bring to my children. They are so engaged with helping with picking out the tree at our local tree farm, decorating it the way they want, and prepping everything else in the house and outside. We have a total of four trees in our home; one real tree and three fake ones. The real one goes in the living room with the stockings and the other three are in their rooms and in the dining room.

What is your family tradition for the holidays? Everyone has their own fun thing that they do and I would love to hear what you do too!


Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment