Saturday, November 26, 2016

Welcome Holiday Season!!!

I have been putting my homework off this week because of the Thanksgiving holiday and boy am I regretting it now! I really don’t like taking time away from my family during this great time of year!

We have three Thanksgiving dinners to go to, a tree to go cut down, decorating to do, and a lot of quality time to spend together. This year, we added more activities into our yearly ritual by redoing our downstairs bathroom and adding a back cement patio. It really seemed like a good idea at the time but now it has become labor and time intensive-as most remodeling projects do.


My friends and I also tackled the Pre-Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving night and boy was that an experience! We went to Walmart at 5, an hour before the sales started, and the place was a ZOO! My friend was after a Nintendo D3 for her son and she waited patiently in line for that entire hour. People crowed in behind her, crouching closer and closer to her as if they were huddling in for a campfire. It amazes me that people lose so much respect and decency for others just to partake in what they feel is the deal of the century. One woman that was directly behind my friend actually went over the top of my friend to grab one! We did score some great deals but I didn’t necessarily check any gifts off of my Christmas list. I got a crockpot for my horse trailer, sweatshirts for my barrel race for awards, a new printer for those barrel races, and some pajamas for the kids for stocking stuffers. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a crazy week. I too held off of doing much school work related to the holiday. I enjoy my family and wanted to spend as much time with them as I could. However, this is the first year I did not partake in the sale madness. I had to work on Friday and nothing really appealed to me that was on sale. I did go shopping on Saturday for a few small items and got what I needed for my christmas in two weeks. This seemed as busy as a normal Saturday. Hope the rest of you week ended well.

    ReplyDelete