Oh Halloween! This is one of my favorite holidays because of all of the fun things to do with the kids!
The most spectacular event of Halloween that we do every year is pick out our pumpkins. We live a mile from a very popular pumpkin patch that we get to go take a wagon out to the pumpkin patch and find the perfect pumpkins. The only drawback to the picking your own pumpkins with my overzealous children is that they compete with each other on who can find the biggest pumpkins. This wouldn’t be a big deal except that the farm charges by the pound; ouch! And we of course can’t just have one pumpkin for each kid—they have to have at least two. Now mind you, I have four offspring that want colossal pumpkins.
After the drain on the money flow is completed, we then chose a night to have our carving activity. We all do many different designs. Sometimes we carve and other times we paint the pumpkins. Who knew that the ewy gooey guts on the inside of a pumpkin could be so much fun?! It’s amazing the differences between my boys and girl in what they want for a design. This keeps the artistic craftiness highly entertaining and interesting. We have scary monsters to cute princesses. And did I mention the painting?? Painting provides a lot of room for imagination when decorating the plump pumpkins. I forgot to mention that we buy white pumpkins specifically for this purpose. The paint really pops on the white ones!
I hope everyone has a fabulous and safe Halloween tomorrow!

Halloween and Christmas - best days of the year with kids! I am missing my grandsons this Halloween - have extra fun for me!!!
ReplyDelete