Every year I find myself scrambling to get my Christmas shopping done. It doesn't seem to matter how soon I start or how clever I think I am; I still end up missing people and get stuck in the rush of trying to find last minute gifts.
I am not much of a shopper so I turn to Amazon and other online ways of avoiding the local malls and stores. This usually works out as a win-win because I can get the gifts for less and have it shipped right to my home or work. The only problem is when you don't know what to buy for someone. I can Google until I'm blue in the face but if I can't see it or touch it, I don't know if it will be something that they will enjoy and/or appreciate as a gift. I am not one for gift cards or money because it doesn't seem sentimental or show that I care. I know it would probably be easier and well received but jeez, I want to show that I was thinking of them and what they would want.
The point is, why does Christmas shopping have to be SO HARD??!! Even when the kids make lists it is still difficult to decide which ones to get because my pocketbook doesn't allow me to purchase everything that they circle in the toy catalog. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on holiday drinking rates and if they go up from November-January. That would be an interesting tid bit of information... The only holiday drinking numbers that I pull up on Google are about holiday drinking and driving. I just want to know how many people are driven to drinking more during the holiday season to cope with the stress?! :)
Anyhow, happy shopping to those who have procrastinated like I have!

No comments:
Post a Comment