Friday, December 9, 2016

Frozen Muddy Pastures!!!

This time of year always turns my pastures into treacherous, horrendous areas for my horses. We have tried several options to try to alleviate the issue but this year's rain brought on whole new challenges. We have tried rock, gravel, sand, etc. and nothing seems to work. The spring is always horrible as well because all of that pretty white stuff turns to water which in turn creates MUD. 

But winter is always the worst when that nasty mud turns into rock hard mountains and valleys that the horses have to try to get around on. I have a pregnant mare that is due in May and it is by far the hardest on her. To top it off, she has a bad back leg and is blind in one eye. She injured herself at a barrel race a few years back and tore a large muscle in her hind end that never recovered. She now raises gorgeous babies for me. 

So I began researching options on how to fix this never-ending issue and I found an interesting product on YouTube. I am unsure how expensive it is but I think I will give it a try next spring. I have already wasted enough money on rock and gravel and maybe this will keep the rock where it is suppose to be--on top of the ground. It must keep it from disappearing into the abyss.  



No comments:

Post a Comment